Unscripted and told with a combination of clips and stream-of-consciousness recollections, this is a love story from the cinema that doesn't exist on a screen. A little over seven years ago, your host met his wife...with a little help from the movies.
- Harry's: even if already a customer, or if you've used a discount code, get $5 off the Winter Winston set with "ELECTRICHOLIDAY"
- Backblaze: Unlimited, unthrottled backup for $5 a month using this link
Show Notes and Links
- Limited show notes are a result of preventing spoilers, considering the style of storytelling.
- Sections of this episode were endlessly re-edited, re-recorded, and held to a more impossibly high standard than usual over the last three weeks.
- That isn't weird balancing or a bad filter: hours of self-conscious re-recording resulted in a radically raspier, more hoarse voice than you're used to hearing. The things we do for love.
- Jean Seberg lived an amazing and storied life such that's equally amazing no one has made a movie out of it yet. She's the focus of a future episode all her own sometime next year.
- Breathless on Hulu+ (referral link if you sign up)