In August 2012, Brett interviewed Merlin Mann on the now-legendary 6th episode of Systematic. Thus was a trilogy born. From processes to pills and apps to naps, one of Systematic's signature returning-guest series was born.
Using the latest in bleeding-edge digital technology, we have restored these episodes to the original creative vision that was literally, figuratively, and metaphysically impossible at the time.
We've gone all the way back to the original masters, removing and modifying content (ads) that distracts from the auteur's intent. What results is a bespoke, artisanally created Special Edition product unlike any in the crowded Merlin Mann Podcast market today.
This presentation of The Original Trilogy of Merlin Mann includes bonus, never-before-heard, ultra-exclusive deleted content, presented in the most ridiculous and semi-obtrusive way possible that does not involve a Blu-ray player.
Special Thanks to George Lucas, the Fair Use Clause, The United States of America, and The Merlin Mann Trust.
Artwork Sacrilege performed by Philip Mozolak
- Merlin is on Twitter
- Kung Fu Grippe on Tumblr
- 43 Folders | Time, Attention, and Creative Work
- Inbox Zero on 43 Folders
Brought to you by...
...the following sponsors, none of whom (save one) have featured ad reads in this recording.
- Smile Software: Visit the link to support the show and learn more about PDFpen Pro for Mac. While you're there, check out all of Smile's offerings. If you're doing much of anything with text or PDFs, they have something for you.
- Casper: premium mattresses for a fraction of the price. Use coupon code SYSTEMATIC to save $50 on your choice of Casper mattress. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- The Shuttle: Save $10 while they last with coupon LOSTMYREMOTE.
- Hover: Just use our referral link (whether you're using a promo code or not).
- Symbolicons by Jory Raphael, the designer behind Systematic's show art. Get 40% off any Symbolicons icon set bundle with offer code ESN1, and follow his Year of Icons on Instagram. He's been on a Star Wars kick.
Show Notes and Links
Episode 6: Learn to Say No
- Better | 43 Folders
- OmniFocus for Mac - The Omni Group
- Minimal Mac
- scrncst :: mnmlst dsk on Vimeo
- A Better Mess: Productivity, Creativity, Geekery and Struggle with Michael Schechter
- Sublime Text - Download
- TextMate — The Missing Editor for Mac OS X
- Blogsmith Bundle
- nvALT 2.1 - Notational Velocity Fork
- nvALT 2.2b 106 Public Beta
- David Allen, Getting Things Done® and GTD®
Episode 6 Picks
- Soulver | Acqualia
- Bartender | Mac Menu Bar Item Control
- Tweetbot — Tapbots
Episode 33: Failing Gracefully
- Brett's Markdown Service Tools
- Boston Terriers require C-Sections to survive birth
- Here's the Thing with Alec Baldwin
- Singer and Actress Patti Lupone on Here's The Thing
- Did Alfred Hitchcock mortgage his house to make Psycho?
Episode 33 Picks
- HDR for iPhone
- Cortex Camera
- NightCap low-light camera for iOS
- Tumblita - Tumblr for iOS and Mac
- LairWare : Song Sergeant
- Gemini: The Duplicate Finder
Episode 65: Mimicking Normalcy
- Traditional Guayusa Tea - Runa Tea
- Vimium - the hacker's browser
- Shortcat - Keyboard productivity app for Mac OS X
- Quicksilver — Mac OS X at your Fingertips
- One Thing Well
- KeyBindings - BrettTerpstra.com
- Marked 2 - Smarter tools for smarter writers
Episode 65 Picks