Eric Vespe and John Gholson discuss Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, as well as the various canonical and non-canonical offshoots, spinoffs, and wholly unconnected diaspora connected to them: video games, toys, and even Ecto Cooler.
Happy 30th and 25th birthdays (respectively) to each. We promise Electric Shadow is not turning into an anniversary-only podcast. Alternate title for this episode: Two Rays and an Egon.
- Eric Vespe (twitter) is Managing Editor at Ain't It Cool News. You might know him better as Quint.
- John Gholson (twitter) co-hosts Giant Size, writes for Movies.com, and does amazing tricks with pretzel sticks.
Show Notes and Links
- Yes, that (Not "The Real") Ghostbusters cartoon was real. So was the live-action, Larry Storch-costarring reason it could happen.
- Playthroughs of the Commodore 64, NES, and XBOX 360 Ghostbusters games exist on YouTube.
- Patton Oswalt has an entire sub-genre of Ghostbusters tweets for your pleasure.
- He caught me. Shit.