Christopher Nolan's Interstellar: like, love, or hate it, this is one of the biggest of the big movies of 2014. Can a movie this big live up to any (not even all) of our expectations?
- Adam Lisagor (twitter) and his company of wizards make better ads than any single entity I can think of anymore. I dare you to disagree.
Brought to you by...
- Our Members: consider membership if you want to support us trying new shows, formats, and things that don't necessarily start out with ads.
- Our Founding Sponsors: click on those links and use those offers.
- Try out Warner Archive Instant (available on Roku and iPad) and check out great vintage scifi movies like The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms and The Green Slime.
- This episode ran sponsor-free in thanks to our audience going without the show for a few weeks while it was going through retrofit.
Show Notes and Links
- Complaints about the movie's sound? You are not alone.
- Matt Zoller Seitz is great. He was on episode 2. He might be back soon.
- Criterion Collected has a "zero" episode in the feed already. "Regular" episodes will run around the same length, if not a couple of minutes longer.
- Robert Altman's Popeye is much, much better than its financial flop status might make you think it is...like many mega-flops. If "He Needs Me" doesn't remotely get to you, have your pulse checked.
- Yes, the show now runs under an hour, outside of rare "Extended Cut Specials".