There is something wrong with the opening crawl for The Force Awakens. Fan and typography enthusiast John Gruber and original Star Wars opening title sequence designer Dan Perri help unravel the mystery of where (and when) things went wrong.
Brought to you by
- Mack Weldon: save 20% with ELECTRIC
- Drobo: save $100 on 5D, 5N, Mini, or any 8- or 12-bay model with ESN1
- Comic Bento: save $5 with ELECTRIC
- Dan Perri's filmography on IMDb includes hundreds of movies, including many directed by Martin Scorsese, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, The Warriors, and even Flesh Gordon (yes you read that right, and he talks about it in the below interview).
- Art of the Title - Star Wars (1977)
- John Knoll on recreating the crawl for Episode I
- "Fix the Crawl" post on Medium from December, found while compiling materials for this episode.
- Sharkskin, written and directed by Dan Perri, is available on Amazon Prime, among many other services.