James Urbaniak has played a host of memorable characters including Dr. Venture, Robert Crumb, Dick Cavett...and even Dale Cooper. He joins Jeremy and Allison to discuss the deep weirdness of a show about "simple pleasures and small towns", as well as Twin Peaks' first season finale, Episode 7 (8 including The Pilot). No spoilers, but: it's a cliffhanger deluxe.
We hope this episode really lights your F-I-R-E.
Show Notes and Links
- James Urbaniak is on Twitter.
- Subscribe to his podcast Getting On with James Urbaniak over on Feral Audio. It's magnificent.
- If not already aware of the amazing work of Laika (Coraline, ParaNorman), The Boxtrolls (which features James among its cast) might just be a great introduction. Watch the trailer and go see it in U.S. theaters starting in September 2014.
- Having not seen the final installment, rest assured that the Henry Fool Trilogy is the greatest trilogy to be told over 20 years spread across three decades in cinematic history (1997-2006-2014). Its completion alone is a reason not to hate Kickstarter.
- James Urbaniak can be seen in all three movies: Henry Fool, Fay Grim, and the coming-soon Ned Rifle, which just premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Hal Hartley posted a teaser for Ned Rifle in July.
- On the same thread: if not already intimately familiar with the filmography of Hal Hartley, I'm not sure what you're doing with your life.
- If not also obsessed with Review, in which James plays the show-within-the-show's producer...you have time to catch up before the season 2 premiere.
- Get caught up on America's hardest-hitting, three-episode web series, Topic A with James Urbaniak: "Jumping the Shark", "Going Viral", and "Millenials"
- Below, a bonus, spoiler-free still frame of Coop and a lady.