“Breaking in” stories from Steve Epting, Jim Cheung, and Val Mayerik. Neal Adams tells us why people call him an idiot and end up calling him a genius. We also look at how this convention in particular marked an artistic turning point for your hosts.
Believe it or not, we aren’t running as late as Secret Wars.
Fan Expo Dallas 2015 Special, Part 2 of 2
Brought to you by
- IDW: Check out the wide array of comics from IDW including Val Mayerik’s work on the first arc of Zombies vs. Robots.
- SaneBox: Stop “Hulk-ing out” over your email. Get a no-credit-card-required, 2-week free trial and $25 off your new membership when you sign up by visiting SaneBox.com/esn.
Special Guests (in order of appearance)
- Steve Epting: ComicBookDB/Tumblr/Twitter/Wikipedia
- Jim Cheung: ComicBookDB/Tumblr/Wikipedia
- Neal Adams: ComicBookDB/website/Twitter/Wikipedia
- Val Mayerik: ComicBookDB/website/Facebook/Wikipedia
- Giant Size 12: The Duck in the Room is Val’s first appearance on the show.
- Giant Size 37: Color Theory is one of our personal favorite episodes we’ve done to date, focusing on comics coloring and featuring a great array of guests.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Velvet Vol. 1 and Vol. 2
- Avengers: The Children’s Crusade
- Green Lantern/Green Arrow by Dennis O’Neill and Neal Adams
- Man-Thing by Steve Gerber, Vol. 1
- Flagler’s Few
- The Paybacks from Dark Horse Comics
ON THE NEXT EPISODE OF GIANT SIZE…
A recap of things we’ve seen, experienced, and enjoyed in the months since last we did one of these! Teases of exciting upcoming interviews with the likes of Jim Shooter! We honestly don’t know because we haven’t recorded it yet!