To celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Marvel Knights, we welcome Joe Quesada to tell the origin story of the imprint and contextualize it within Marvel history. One lucky break he got early in his career came full circle with the launch of Marvel Knights. That single opportunity he was given has continued to inform his creative career (and life) ever since.
Without Marvel Knights, we would not have the version of Black Panther that just hit screens, and were it not for writer Christopher Priest (aka Jim Owsley), we would not have had Marvel Knights in the first place, either.
"The chance that there's an open assignment? Not good, but I'll see."
Interviews with Joe Quesada were recorded live onstage at Fan Expo Canada (Toronto) in the fall of 2016.
- Mack Weldon: use GIANT at checkout to save 20% on modern, superhero-grade underwear and men's basics.
- You can also support the show directly by becoming an ESN Member. We're launching new Members-only benefits this spring, including early access to upcoming episodes, select interview-only recordings, and more.
Comics Discussed on This Episode
- Daredevil: Guardian Devil by Smith, Quesada, Palmiotti
- Black Panther by Christopher Priest, Mark Texeira, and more artists Complete Collection Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4, which includes The Crew #1-7
- Inhumans by Paul Jenkins & Jae Lee
- Daredevil: Father by Joe Quesada, Danny Miki, & Richard Isanove
- Joe Quesada: Twitter
- Joe is appearing at Fan Expo Dallas 6-8 April 2018 (as will both John and Moisés)