Brent Simmons talks about his unexpected $1850 bill from Network Solutions, the process of divorcing his domains from a longtime home, and supporting customers as an indie developer.
- Squarespace: everything you need to get started making a website. Use this link and code THANKYOU for 10% off
- Smile: to support the show, learn more at this link and get TextExpander and TextExpander Touch in the App Store.
- Hover: get 10% off your first purchase using offer code BLADERUNNER
(The Network's First-Ever) Guest
- Brent Simmons (Twitter) writes a super-inessential blog and is 1/3 of the team at Q-Branch, who make a neat app called Vesper.
Show Notes and Links
- Fun fact: this is the first-ever show recorded for ESN. Cherish it. Forgive it its flaws (which are all on the host).
- Brent Simmons and his wife Sheila created NetNewsWire, which still exists and is now owned by the good people at Black Pixel.
- Brent's series of blog posts cover his entire ordeal, from inception and first update through the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 10th days' updates.
- Wil Shipley wrote a great article about app ratings and customer interaction for Jim Dalrymple's The Loop Magazine. Jim posted it as a free-to-read.