Special guest Grant Roberts joins us to talk about Never Alone (YAY!!!) on which he was the Lead Game Designer.
But before that, we mull all sorts of stuff like possible sexism ratings for games, our newfound iTunes fame, what the Rovio layoffs might mean for the state of mobile games, developers giving Steam codes to pirates and much more!
So grab your nearest adorable arctic fox, brace against the Alaskan wind, kick back, relax and enjoy the show!
Stuff we talked about:
- E-Line Media
- Grant Roberts on Twitter
- We're New & Notable on iTunes!
- Symmetrain recommended by John
- Sexism in games ratings
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
- RoboCop remake
- Rovio layoffs
- Jason Snell's piece on Monument Valley brouhaha
- A LucasArts-style adventure game!
- This War of Mine developers embrace pirates
- EuroGamer reviews Never Alone
- A more lackluster review for the game
- The story behind Never Alone
- The rise of the docu-platformer