Jessica and Anna are both played a new train game featuring a woman who explains stuff: a common occurrence in mobile games. Now, women know things, but Anna isn't sure about all these advisory women in mobile games. Why are they there? Is it for the right reasons or the wrong ones?
Something we’re more sure of is that Nintendo’s eShop is awful. Nevertheless, Jessica managed to play a game on her 3DS that she actually liked!
And of course, Super Mario Run is out and people have Opinions. About the price, about the monetization, about the gameplay, and more. We dive into some of these takes on Nintendo’s first real mobile game, and of course provide our own as the advisory women that we are :-)
Stuff we mentioned:
- Matt Ditton’s swear-filled episode
- Tiny Rails (iOS & Android)
- Our Gaming Yoda
- Pocket Card Jockey
- Super Mario Run (iOS only)
- Age of Empires
- Super Mario Run’s inevitable backlash
- Kotaku Toad Rally piece
- Leap Day (iOS & Android)
- People are upset about SMR’s data usage
- NES Classic Mini
- Should VR take its cue from casual games?
- Job Simulator
- Toilet gamer iOS stickers