Recurring memberships are the best way to support independent podcasts, whether here or elsewhere.
As of April 2019, we are relaunching Electric Shadow and the Membership program in a simpler, more streamlined form. Electric Shadow is currently the only show offering Membership.
Members at any level above get access to two Electric Shadow-specific, Member-only feeds:
This feed features early access to select, unreleased episodes of Electric Shadow. Some will be closer to “final cut” than others, and though most will drop weeks in advance, others may drop months in advance.
For example, we launched the feed with four simultaneously:
- An interview from an episode coming within the week with Isaac Hempstead-Wright, aka Bran Stark from Game of Thrones
- The first partial cast reunion of 1992’s X-Men The Animated Series, featuring the actors who played Wolverine, Rogue, Beast, and Gambit, part of an upcoming series that's only in pre-production and may not be released until months from now.
- An uncut Q&A with Doctor Who stars Peter Capaldi & Pearl Mackie that will end up forming most of the finale of a forthcoming Doctor Who miniseries.
- An extended length Q&A with Jodi Benson, the speaking and singing voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid, much/most/all of which will be the centerpiece of this summer's Disney Animated Classics miniseries.
- Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, and Tom Wilson…aka Doc Brown, Lorraine McFly, and Biff from Back to the Future.
- Screen icon and activist Kathleen Turner.
- Early previews of upcoming miniseries covering Star Wars and Batman: The Animated Series, among others.
- and finally...the first look/listen at a brand-new show that's been in pre-production for over two years.
Like the special features on a DVD, Blu-ray, or download edition of a movie, this feed is comprised of all sorts of extras, from alternate or extended “uncut” interviews that are edited down for the main show, deleted bits, candid “behind the scenes” making-of stuff, and who knows what else.
This feed launches with the first installment of Studio Notes. Think of it as an "audio newsletter" that gives you a look behind the scenes. If you send in emails, maybe that's a good place for them to be answered.
At the outset, Members can expect something to drop in one or the other of those feeds (at minimum) every two weeks. The goal is to tailor the Value Added Material to not being too much nor too little...just the right mix. Your feedback as a paying Member will help guide how those develop.
On that note, we’d like to add additional Member benefits to incentivize higher tiers of support, but we want the direct input of Members to make sure that we give our supporters what they actually want.
Hit us up by using the Contact form.