Remastered and re-edited, this 2012 interview with Crimson Peak director Guillermo del Toro found him in post-production on Pacific Rim and nearing production on Crimson Peak (still in theatres) and The Strain, which just completed its second season. He talks about the power of monsters, video games, and his devout fervor for Hitchcock.
Interview originally broadcast 21 December 2012.
Show Notes and Links
- Guillermo del Toro recently joined Twitter, and he instantly became one of the few people left doing something worth paying attention to on Twitter.
- Guillermo del Toro on IMDb and Wikipedia
- Pacific Rim (trailers)
- Crimson Peak on IMDb and Wikipedia (trailer)
- The Birds
- Since this recording, Shout! Factory released a deluxe Collector's Edition Blu-ray of Brian De Palma's The Phantom of the Paradise, which features Guillermo in newly produced featurettes.
- The now-available Criterion edition of The Devil's Backbone is one of the best special editions of a modern-era indie out there.
- Ken Russell's The Devils, an absolute cinematic masterwork, is still nowhere to be found on US home media, sadly, but you can import the reasonably-priced Region-2 DVD from the BFI at Amazon UK.
- Oliver Reed discussing The Devils on a British talk show.