South by Southwest & Austin Film Society co-founder (and newly-inducted Texas Film Hall of Fame member) Louis Black talks about the history of both organizations and the Austin film scene, supplemented by anecdotes and thoughts from directors, actors, colleagues, and childhood friend Leonard Maltin.
- Squarespace: everything you need to get started making a website. Visit the link and use the offer code in the show (part of the show's name) for 10% off
- Drobo: mass storage for the masses. Use offer code MOISES for $50 off Drobo 5D or 5N
- Igloo: an intranet you'll actually like and use. Visit the link to learn more and support the show. It's free for up to 10 users.
- SXSWCares is a great organization that does great work for people in need. Chip in.
- SXSW itself is an amazing event worth clearing vacation time for, or a Spring Break, you you young'uns. Where else do you get the auteurs of the Before and Mariachi trilogies, El Topo and The Holy Mountain, and Eastbound and Down in the same place at the same time?
- The Austin Film Society is fantastic as well.
- Have you seen El Topo? Be prepared to live the most wonderful experience of your life.
- The same goes for The Holy Mountain. Nothing in your education or experience can prepare you for it.
- Godzilla (1954) was a lot more serious than you probably think it was.
- Godzilla (2014) is a lot more serious than I think everyone expected. There's at least one monster other than Godzilla in it, too.
- Again, SXSWCares is a great organization that does great work for people in need.