Katie Floyd and Bradley Chambers talk about the TV pucks we have, the pucks we want, and the future of TV and how we consume content.
- Hover: get 10% your purchase when signing up at Hover.com using offer code BEAMMEUP
- Drobo: mass storage for the masses. Use offer code MOISES for $50 off Drobo 5D or 5N
- Backblaze: unlimited, secure, online back up your computer for just $5/month. Visit this link to support the show and learn more.
- Apple has sold 20 million AppleTV units, but how many of those buyers are tired of them?
- Bradley on AppleTV v. Roku 3, and what he thinks is wrong with AppleTV.
- Moisés is a particular fan of British TV service AcornTV (available on Roku in the U.S.), which has everything from Poirot to Jeeves & Wooster to Doc Martin to Theareland with Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
- Siri coming to AppleTV is inevitable.
- CNET on the Amazon Fire TV. It's already grown since this posted a couple weeks ago, with promises of more apps taking advantage of voice search.
- Amazon snagging HBO catalog content is another great move.
- Let me tell you somethin' brother...WWE Network is the most stunning display of content athleticism out there. In-App Subscriptions, brother, oooh yeeahhh!
- In the penultimate Mule episode of The Talk Show, Gruber tipped as much of a hand as people tip on these sorts of things. Moisés might have heard something himself at WWDC last year about game controllers.
- Overdrawn at the Memory Bank really exists, really stars Raul Julia, and is really awful. We didn't talk about it, but it comes to mind every time we talk about this "future of content consumption" thing.