Cuba is opening up, and it's like seeing a wormhole open in space-time. This episode features absolutely no time or space travel. We think.
Brought to you by
- SketchParty TV: a fun, fast sketching-and-guessing game for AppleTV.
Show Notes and Links
- The U.S.A and Cuba are getting diplomatic, y'all!
- Juan of the Dead (trailer)
- Havana Film Festival
- James Gunn went to Cuba and took Instagram with him.
- Juan of the Dead director Alejandro Brugués on Electric Shadow with fellow troublemaker Nacho Vigalondo
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- The Unbearable Solitude of Being an African Fan Girl
- Kim Jong-Il kidnapped people to make Pulgasari (trailer), which has no U.S. distributor. Go steal it.
- North Korea and The Interview (which Moisés has seen) will be discussed in depth on Electric Shadow 19, posting as soon as the story stops moving for a day
- The Player (trailer)
- L.A Story (trailer)
- International Baccalaureate
- Advanced Placement
- Theory of Knowledge
- PT Anderson made a movie out of Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice (trailer). It's insane and excellent and features the most unusual use of Josh Brolin and a chocolate-dipped frozen banana imaginable. No, more unusual. Yes, that.
- Paddy Chayefsky
- Raymond Chandler
- Cuba still has those cars
- Car Talk was/is Peak Radio.
- IDE cables could be plugged in backward. SATA is Moisés-proof/ See also: "idiot-proof".
- A+ Certification
- ZIP Disks
- Funcoland plays a major role in the "video game retail before Y2K" two-part special (part one, part two) on Thank You For Calling!