In the first part of our New Year Crossover Special, Overtired's Christina Warren & Brett Terpstra join us to ponder the important things, like prosthetic penises, both the real (Bigfoot) and imaginary (movie) kinds.
Part 1 of 2
Brought to you by
- ESN Members: if you love our shows, you're going to love some of the new things we have coming soon. Members get a first look at new stuff, with more benefits to come in 2015.
- ESN Founding Sponsors: their faith in the network before launch is why ESN made it through our first year, and has a bright future ahead.
- Concluded in Overtired 26: Literal Dicks in Boxes
Show Notes and Links
- This episode's header image is the latest in what is now a series of unexpected "separated at birth" comparisons that come to our attention.
- John Roderick started a recent trend of discussing his various personal artifact troves on Roderick on the Line.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey is no The Craft, Blue Crush, or Stick It. Step Up, even.
- Moisés was Team Captain of his high school Mighty Owl Gymnastics Team (sadly, no photographic evidence survives).
- Mark Wahlberg did not rape someone. All he did was blind a guy (or not) and now he wants it removed from his record because he rode a Transformer or something.
- That was a prosthetic in Boogie Nights. It has an epic origin tale of its own.
- Bigfoot and Rick Dyer can't see eye to eye because..."Bigfoot doesn't exist". Yeah, right.
- They Live and Harry and the Hendersons both (separately) recently received great Blu-ray releases and look better than ever.
- Don't drink Midi-chlorians and drive, kids.
- The Phantom Menace is the greatest Star Wars in this horrible, horrible timeline that was caused by our abuse of time travel.
- That link goes to episode 4 of Night Moves, which comes after the first episode 5 in the feed and before the second episode 5, which can only exist because episode 6 was sacrificed to keep the fabric of the space-time continuum intact. This is our way of saying that our time travel paradox is confusing enough that we're leaving it in the past...like the episode 6 that never happened.