This episode was sponsored by Drobo, a family of safe, expandable, and simple-to-use storage arrays. Visit them now to learn more and be sure to use the discount code UN100 to save $100 on your purchase of a Drobo Mini, Drobo 5D, Drobo 5N, or any 8-drive or 12-drive Drobo in the Drobo Store.
Anna thinks things are looking up as there were some great games out this week, but Jessica finds cause to complain about the way Apple is handling featuring lately. And the complaints don’t end there!
Both your hosts also try to make peace with the fact that we didn’t drop Candy Crush Soda Saga as swiftly as we expected to. This week’s hot topic was a piece that claimed that the gaming industry is aging us out. Is it? Elsewhere, should no one have been surprised that Nintendo’s mobile games will be free-to-play? We dig into all this and more.
Stuff we mentioned:
- Candy Crush Soda Saga (iOS & Android)
- Nowhere: Lost Memories (iOS only)
- Disney Tsum Tsum (iOS & Android)
- King Rabbit (iOS only)
- New Instagram icon (there was some brouhaha)
- Bushido Bear (iOS & Android)
- Runaway Toad (iOS only)
- Leap Day (iOS & Android)
- Rust Bucket (iOS & Android)
- Cracked article on gaming aging you out
- The Cat Lady
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Miitomo (iOS & Android)
- Pocket Gamer Biz column about Nintendo
- Apple might make a car (!!!!)
- App review times cut to a day
- Check out our merch!